Owner’s Engineer – Sunshine Coast Solar Farm
Since late 2015, I have been working with the Sunshine Coast Council as Owner’s Engineer to assist construction of their 15MW-AC solar farm.
While Downer have been responsible for the design, procurement and construction of the project, I have been able to support Council officers as they oversee Downer’s execution. This has included:
- development of performance guarantee subcontract conditions
- design development reviews
- site inspections
- analysis and opinion on information provided by Downer
- identification of construction defects prior to practical completion
- assistance to overcome onerous Generator Performance Standard conditions
- analysis and opinion on yield calculations, including PV-SYST parameters appropriate for performance guarantee evaluation
- evaluation and review of O&M specification
It has been highly rewarding to see this project develop from concept into a completed power station, offsetting 100% of Council’s annual electricity requirements and saving millions of dollars compared to business-as-usual. More details can be found here.